Beating Burnout So You Don’t Flameout
How do you manage the overwhelm of disruption?
Whether it’s at work or in our personal lives, most have struggled to manage the added pressure brought on by the Pandemic. For some, who were already feeling stressed prior to Covid, the new reality has pushed them to a near-breaking point.
Twenty years ago, I was in a similar place. Managing a team of 150 people, working 80-plus hours a week, I had no time left for my young family, let alone myself. That’s when I made the decision to leave my job and create a new role for myself that provided greater balance and fulfillment.
But you don’t have to jump into entrepreneurship to reduce your stressors. Today I am sharing how leaders can avoid burnout so we (and our teams) don’t flame out!
Find the Beating Burnout PowerPlay™ below.
PLAY OF THE WEEK
POWERPLAY™ #12 Beating Burnout
How to Avoid Burnout and Create Better Balance
When we reduce the situations that trigger tension, leverage techniques to better manage workloads, and practice self-care, we’ll further reap the rewards through healthier employees. This leads to increased retention, strengthened performance, and improved confidence!
Check out my Beating Burnout PowerPlay™ to get started now. For immediate access to the Pomodoro Technique and The Three I’s, create your free PowerPlay™ account.
- Complete a one-day digital detox to clear your mind.
- Implement the Beating Burnout PowerPlay™.
- Set a calendar appointment in 4 weeks to reassess your and your team’s state of overwhelm.
WHAT I’M EXPLORING
- Volunteering and community service can benefit your business. In honor of National Volunteer Week, I share on my blog 3 reasons why.
- What is the best way to drive innovation? You might be surprised. In this “slightly oldy but goody” article from HBR, discover timeless insights on the power of meaningfulness and “small wins.”